Heighten Your Expertise
The Green Globes® building rating program is unique in the marketplace. Earning the designation of Green Globes ProfessionalTM gives you a clear understanding of how the Green Globes certification and assessment process works. Armed with training specific to this program, you can help your clients reconnect with their sustainability goals or discover how to implement sustainable practices through Green Globes.
As an expert in Green Globes certification, you enhance your professional skills to smoothly guide clients through the process. Green Globes Professional candidates must demonstrate at least five years of experience working in the sustainability field to be considered for the Green Globes Professional designation. The Green Globes Professional program is entirely web-based and self-paced and has been approved by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) for 8 LU/HSW continuing education credits. One training program covers all of the Green Globes modules, including New Construction (NC), Existing Buildings (EB) and Sustainable Interiors (SI).
The training program includes:
- Background, features, and major components of Green Globes
- Organization of Green Globes criteria and point allocation
- A detailed explanation of Green Globes assessment and certification process
5 Benefits of a GGP Certification
- As a GGP / GPCP, you are recognized as an expert user of the Green Globes or Guiding Principles Compliance programs and will earn further credibility with your clients.
- Increase your professional value with a GGP / GPCP certification
- All active GGPs / GPCPs are listed in the Professional Certification Directory on the GBI website. Those interested in Green Globes certification/ Guiding Principles verification hire from this list.
- Demonstrate your support of GBI and sustainability in the build environment. Connect with other GGPs/ GPCPs and exchange ideas and guidance on the Green Globes assessment and certification system.
- Be the first to access educational materials and receive updates to the Green Globes or Guiding Principles Compliance programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO BECOME A GREEN GLOBES PROFESSIONAL
Applicants need 5+ years of industry experience directly pertaining to commercial buildings in at least one of the following areas:
- Facilities/Operations Management/Maintenance
- Engineering Management
- Construction Management
- Building Materials/Components/Systems Manufacturing
- Facility Planning
- Energy Analysis
- Sustainability/Environmental Management