GPC New Construction
THE MOST EFFICIENT WAY FOR FEDERAL AGENCIES TO COMPLY WITH EXECUTIVE ORDER 13514
Guiding Principles for New Construction is used to improve the high performance and sustainability of buildings owned, leased or operated by federal agencies. GBI offers a specific program for new construction and is intended to be utilized by construction projects – beginning with the Integrated Design Team (IDP) Team – to construct Guiding Principles-compliant buildings. For new construction and major renovations, the GPC program utilizes a streamlined process, including third-party assessors, to minimize the amount of time and effort required from agency personnel to determine the level of compliance with the Guiding Principles in the project design and to recommend additional measures to get closer to compliance prior to construction as well as a final assessment at project completion. Several hundred federal buildings have been assessed using the GBI GPC programs.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
The Guiding Principles Compliance programs are designed specifically to meet the needs of federal agencies.
- Third-Party Assessment: On-site verification of actual building characteristics and documentation by a sustainability expert renders a more accurate evaluation.
- Compliance Assessment Report: Simplifies agency reporting with clear, standardized data analysis that provides recommendations for full compliance.
- Compliance Rating: Provides a clear indication of the level of compliance from 0-100%.
- Technical Manual: Technical document offering proven strategies and approaches to assist design teams in meeting the Guiding Principles.
To measure compliance with the Guiding Principles, federal agencies have a few options, including EPA's Federal High Performance Sustainable Buildings Checklist, subjective paper evaluations by internal staff, or ad-hoc evaluations by external consultants. The Green Building Initiative's Guiding Principles Compliance Assessment Program sets the standard for accuracy, consistency, and credibility through a clear and simple yet robust third-party evaluation process.
Buildings are assessed using a 100-point scale. A GBI appointed third-party assessor verifies compliance based on a site visit and detailed documentation review before awarding a Compliance Score and Rating and providing feedback for improving compliance on future projects.
5 EASY STEPS TO GUIDING PRINCIPLES COMPLIANCE
1. Request a quote for your project.
2. Purchase the quoted items and register your project.
3. Work with GBI and your Assessor to complete third-party assessments.
4. Receive a final report containing your GPC score and rating.
5. Order your Guiding Principles Compliance certificate and plaque.
Get Started with Guiding Principles Compliance
Call us now to get started